Wind Pitch is a miniature wind turbine capable of generating 10.0V/100mA at 2000 RPM rotor speeds. It was primarily designed to evaluate the pitch (setting angle) of wind blades. There are 12 independent blade slots that can be used to display a variety of different blade configurations. This kit teaches how differing blade types and number impacts power output. The kit also demonstrates how horizontal wind turbines use stalling or reduction of rotational speed to protect from overly powerful wind speeds.
Included are three different sets of profiled blades and one set of sheet blades. The Wind Pitch uses 3-Phased AC Alternator similar to the commercial wind turbines. This kit also comes with an LED/ Music Maker Module to demonstrate the power generated by wind energy. Contained inside is a complete curriculum on wind energy with easy to follow experiment manual, assembly guide, and background history on the technology and wind power generators.
• Mini wind turbine that generates electricity to power various electronics
• Attached weather vane for repositioning into the wind
• Adjustable blade pitch for power generation optimization
• Power output of 8.0V/100mA at wind speeds of 12 mph
• Perfect for teaching wind power fundamentals
• For ages 10 and up
• Music box included