Edison Invention Challenge:
The Thomas Edison Invention Challenge started in 2010 to celebrate the spirit of invention, and to spur young folks to strive to become the next Thomas Edison! When Edison created his invention factory concept (later to become corporate R&D labs) he used a team-based, integrated or interdisciplinary, head and hands approach to new product development— exactly what we recognize today as STEM. We can think of Edison as the original “STEM-meister”.
Participants Receive and Quick Facts:
- Winners receive 3D Printers and other cool prizes!
- Officially now a Virtual STEM Competition- All submissions must be uploaded through a shared google drive folder- We do not accept email or any other type of submissions outside of google drive.
- K-12 Students are eligible to participate
- Next Season is open for registration now!
- $250 Teacher Stipend to all schools who complete the competition (1 per school)
For more information head over to the competition’s website or contact us here
“OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC & EDUCATION”
Do you look at something and say “I could do it better?” Our STEAM Revolution is an immersive competition for the DIYer! From Newton to Edison, all of the greatest thinkers have always been able to create something from next to nothing. Simply register for our STEAM revolution and we will send you a box of “random” objects. The objective is to create a project with these objects utilizing the STEAM principles Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics! Create something with the parts included and any other parts you already have to enter to win a $1,350.00 in total prizes which can be used towards a 3D Printer or anything else offered at www.picoTurbine.com!
What can you make? Season 2 starts on July 1st through December 31st 2016 Guidelines & Rubric
NEW Over 100 teams in one school automatically qualifies the school for a school individual winner of their very own 3D Printer or $1,000 PicoTurbine gift card.
Participants Receive and Quick Facts:
1st:$1,000 PicoTurbine gift card or 3D Printer
2nd:$250 gift card
Total Prizes: $1,350
The Season 2 STEAM Revolution challenge has a focus on creating something functional from random parts. The spirit of this challenge comes from a saying by one of the greatest engineers who ever lived, “Scientists investigate that which already is; engineers create that which has never been.” -Albert Einstein. Join us in creating the world of tomorrow, the Top bmission based on originality, functionality and execution will receive a $1,000 gift card that can be used towards 1 3D printer or anything else that PicoTurbine offers educators.
- $20 entry fee which supplies you with a few required materials for creating your design and free shipping.
- Using some of these parts is required in your design but you do not have to use all of them. The more used the better for your score!
- You can use anything else you want to add to your design
- Recycled materials are valued higher in the judging Rubric which we will provide you once you enter the competition
- Short video submission detailing your project. (No more 3-5 minutes)
- What is your project?
- Why are you doing it? (What problem are you solving?)
- Who is your Team?
- Write up detailing the engineering principles used in your project. (No more than 800 words)
- 1ST PRIZE: $1,000 PICOTURBINE DUAL EXTRUDER 3D PRINTER OR $1,000 WORTH OF ANYTHING IN THE STORE.
- 2ND: $250 GIFT CARD
- 3RD: $100 WITH TOTAL PRIZES BEING: $1,350
Contact us today with questions: SteamRevolution@picoTurbine.com
Competition Requirements (STEAM Revolution only):
$20 registration fee(includes shipping) which supplies you with a few required materials for creating your design
Using some of these parts is required in your design but you do not have to use all of them. The more used the better for your score!
You can use anything else you want to add to your design
Recycled materials are valued higher in the judging Rubric which we will provide you once you enter the competition
45 days from when you receive your kit to submit your project
2. Short video submission detailing your project. (No more than 90 seconds.)- shared as a google file to SteamRevolution@picoturbine.com
What is your project?
Why are you doing it? (What problem are you solving?)
Who is your Team?
3. Write up detailing the STEAM principles used in your project. Share as a google file to SteamRevolution@picoturbine.com
4. Once we receive 100 registrations we will stop registration and wait until the last team submits their project based on section 1 rule 4 (45 days)